Plants are Magic Magazine Vol 3
A magazine for makers, dreamers and plant lovers, "Plants are Magic" is a celebration of botanical creativity and our relationship with plants.
Conceived like a timeless book to be cherished and collected, each edition offers an intimate gathering of stories, interviews and tutorials by artisans, plant growers, foragers, healers and plant lovers from around the world.
Volume 3 is themed "Time", highlights include:
- How to attune your garden to the moon cycles – simple step-by-steps for starting with biodynamic growing.
- Ayurvedic self care daily rituals with plant-based recipes.
- How to do a simple tea meditation to experience herbs to their fullest.
- Interview with a knitter, growing and spinning her own cotton.
- Interview with Boreal Folk Apothecary.
- A natural dyeing tutorial on how to pound flowers into fabric and create beautiful patterned cloth.
- Discovering pressed plant specimens and starting our own herbarium.
- Drawing flower motifs to capture the timeless beauty of the life cycle of a plant.
- Recipes for fermenting vegetables and wild herbs.
- Personal stories about connecting with our ancestors through plants.
- 104 pages of plant-based art, craft, food, healing, interviews, stories, experiences, recipes and tutorials, printed on FSC certified silk paper, A5 size (21cmx15cm) and 'perfect bound' just like a soft cover book, proudly ad-free.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos, a natural dyer in the UK with a vision to unite crafts such as natural dyeing and herbalism and explore the relationship between making and mindfulness. Together let's celebrate plant creativity in every form.